Monday, September 8, 2008

Fasting

  • To be in the Kingdom is merely to focus your full attention on it.
I am fasting. Not a water fast or a juice fast. It is a 40 day fast. It does involve food. I will spare you the details. I didn't think them up.

Fasting is primarily a spiritual experience for those who want use this time to draw closer to God. Fasting is a way to focus. Fasting is a way to trust and rely and surrender. I have made a time commitment: for 40 days I will listen only to the Voice which inspired me. The decision to listen will produce behavior. The behavior is an effect caused by the mental content of the decision making. Fasting is not a physical demonstration but a mental one. Mental work is supported by Spirit. Fasting allows the Holy Spirit to better use my body as a communication device.
  • Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven...but seek only this...because you can find nothing else...There is nothing else.
Last night, there was a dog barking barking barking. I lay in my bed thinking, "I wish someone would shoot that dog." Then, I heard a very loud bang. Then, utter silence. Then, I went to sleep.

No comments: