Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Daniel Day 10

From ACIM this morning:
  • ...you are the Will of God. His Will is not an idle wish...
  • What is joyful to you is painful to the ego.
  • Obey the Holy Spirit, and you will be giving up the ego...
  • ...the relinquishment of your false decision-making prerogative...was accomplished for you by the Will of God...
  • The only way out of the error (separation from Heaven) is to decide that you do not have to decide anything. Everything has been given you by God's decision.
  • Sharing His Will with me (Jesus) is not optional...The whole separation (separation from Heaven) lies in this error.

A number of things seem to have "gone wrong" in my ego world. But we must remember that these things are of the ego world and have nothing to do with Heaven; or the fact that I really exist in heaven. Only the ego portion of my mind believes it exists in the ego world (that is the portion you are talking to now).

No matter what happens, I have decided to follow my Guide, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. I have decided to dedicate my life only to Heaven, which is joy, rather than get wrapped up in what seems to be going wrong. Actually, this is a very big miracle perception shift. It means I am not as attached to the ego and am transferring my allegiance to Jesus and the Holy Spirit's thought system.

In the first chapter of Daniel (Old Testament), it says, "Daniel determined that he would not defile himself by eating the king's food or drinking his wine..." This quote is the essence of my Daniel Fast. The passage is symbolic. The king is my ego. The king's food is the ego's thought system. I am determined not to partake of the ego's thought system. A result of my fasting is that I now believe that I am in joy/Heaven all the time and anything else is an ego illusion. I get to choose, but I am also more believing in my choice for Jesus than I was before the fast. Things-going-wrong are always related to the ego. Who I really am, the Will of God, is never going wrong. I can accept the Holy Spirit's teaching and believe only joy/Heaven is true; the rest is ego delusion and not real. The ego delusion is a bad dream. Heaven is real.

No comments: