Friday, September 12, 2008

Daniel Day 5

This morning, I read these awesome paragraphs from chapter 7.VI of ACIM:

"10 You can be perceived with meaning only by the Holy Spirit because your being is the knowledge of God. Any belief you accept apart from this will obscure God’s Voice in you, and will therefore obscure God to you. Unless you perceive His creation truly you cannot know the Creator, since God and His creation are not separate. The oneness of the Creator and the creation is your wholeness, your sanity and your limitless power. This limitless power is God’s gift to you, because it is what you are. If you dissociate your mind from it you are perceiving the most powerful force in the universe as if it were weak, because you do not believe you are part of it.
11 Perceived without your part in it, God’s creation is seen as weak, and those who see themselves as weakened do attack. The attack must be blind, however, because there is nothing to attack. Therefore they make up images, perceive them as unworthy and attack them for their unworthiness. That is all the world of the ego is. Nothing. It has no meaning. It does not exist. Do not try to understand it because, if you do, you are believing that it can be understood and is therefore capable of being appreciated and loved. That would justify its existence, which cannot be justified. You cannot make the meaningless meaningful. "


This tells me more about what I don't know because I cling to my ego; than what I do know because I cling to the Holy Spirit. Then, an internet friend sent me a few words of Jesus from the Book of John, last discourses:

"For their sakes I sanctify myself, so that they (too) may be sanctified by (the) truth."

He tries to live these words. He knew I was fasting and thought they might apply to my fast. Indeed, they rang a bell as far as understanding what a fast does for others. I am a John the Baptist type of baptist: ascetic with no time for indulging myself. I am sooooo not a church going denominational Baptist. I am one who loves the desert and renounces society.

I don't know where my fast is going, but I hope for silence this weekend. It is supposed to rain alot and my foot hurts; so it is a good time to fast and contemplate. I have an intention statement. I hope to listen deeply to The Voice for God.

No comments: