Friday, March 2, 2012

Them

I am back in the long distance running business. My knee trauma is over and whatever else is wrong with the knee is going to stay that way for life. This weekend is my first attempt at a higher mileage and time weekend for awhile.

I have 3 days off. I started last night with 2.5 hours on the ex-machines. Today I jog/walked for nearly 5 hours. We'll see what this weekend's personal multi-day adds up to on Sunday evening.

My mind was pretty consistently on my ACIM lesson/phrase for today:

Sickness is a defense against the truth.
I am not a body therefore I can not be sick.
They have blessed me with Their innocence and peace.
I will let my mind be wholly healed today.

Who is They? Or Them? They are "the face of Christ" and "the memory of God." When They come, and I give up all else, then I see things differently. The dream of this world is a happy dream in peace.

For some, ultra running still has racing goals. For me, the races help me to keep going longer than I will by myself. Today's 5 hours was more about mental training than physical training. Wrapping the mind around longer and longer times, leaving limits and levels of understanding.

No comments: