Sunday, March 4, 2012

Lesson 140

One thing about a Course in Miracles that I face over and over is my belief in God. I face the question directly: Do I believe there is something greater than myself? Can I turn to this something greater and get help to see things differently?

See, if God is love then this world of hate and fear and pain cannot be real.

If there is an ego thought system which I grew up with and habitually live in, and a Spiritual thought system which I can learn and switch to which shows me a loving reality, then what would I choose? I want the reality which is not a pain and am will to be a student as well as surrender my ego thoughts for transformation to spiritual thoughts.

And so, I encountered lesson 140 and 151:

  • Only salvation can be said to cure. Speak to us Father that we may be healed.
  • All things are echoes of the Voice for God. In everything I see the face of Christ.
"We will not be misled today by what appears to us as sick. We go beyond appearances today and reach the source of healing, from which nothing is exempt. ...So do we lay aside our amulets, our charms and medicines, our chants and bits of magic in whatever form they take. We will be still and listen for the Voice of healing, Which will cure all ills as one, restoring saneness to the Son of God. No voice but This can cure. Today we hear a single Voice Which speaks to us of truth, where all illusions end, and peace returns to the eternal, quiet home of God.....We practice wordlessly today, except at the beginning of the time we spend with God. We introduce these times with but a single, slow repeating of the thought with which the day begins. And then we watch our thoughts, appealing silently to Him Who sees the elements of truth in them. Let Him evaluate each thought that comes to mind, remove the elements of dreams, and give them back again as clear ideas that do not contradict the Will of God...."

God's Will is love. I want to see with the eyes of love. If I talk to another person, they will say they do not hate anyone. But that is not true. If you are ever annoyed in any small way, realize that is the tip of an iceberg of hate/anger/fear which you have hidden from your awareness. You do not have to keep it. You can let Spirituality dissolve it. Peace can be your reality.

No comments: