Friday, March 23, 2012

God-shaped Conceptual Space

Justin L. Barrett said, "Instead, the way our minds solve problems generates a god-shaped conceptual space waiting to be filled by the details of the culture into which they are born."

So, any god with trappings related to human culture, cannot be a true perception of God.

I am a student of A Course in Miracles. Below is quoted from the Introduction to part 2 of the workbook:

Words will mean little now. We use them but as guides on which we do not now depend. For now we seek direct experience of truth alone. The lessons that remain are merely introductions to the times in which we leave the world of pain, and go to enter peace. Now we begin to reach the goal this course has set, and find the end toward which our practicing was always geared.

The intent of ACIM is that you look beyond this world and see only peace. Peace is not seen with worldly eyes; it is seen with something deeper, more in the realm of mind. Peace is not here so the only evidence is in the mind which has let go of this world and sought deeper.

I know that the lack of proof makes people into atheists. That is good. There is no god here. When I say Jesus, I don't mean what the Bible says or any church preaches.

In ACIM, I am free. I don't have to say God. I don't have to ask God for anything. There is nothing to bow down and worship. There is only the awe I have when I see Love in action. And I know peace.

I am a God-shaped conceptual space, nothing more and there is nothing I need do.

No comments: