Thursday, March 1, 2012

Lesson 135

I need to hear what is given me for my comfort. Today's lesson was balm for my agitated psyche. Notice 2 things. First, I need to believe there is a benevolent higher power who does not harm us but only sends good. Second, I need to rely on this higher power and not myself. Taking my ego out of the picture, my life becomes happy and I see things differently.

"If I defend myself I am attacked. This is my Eastertime and I would keep it holy."

"A healed mind does not plan. It carries out the plans that it receives through listening to Wisdom that is not its own. It waits until it has been taught what should be done, and then proceeds to do it. It does not depend upon itself for anything except its adequacy to fulfil the plans assigned to it. ....  Your present trust in Him is the defense that promises a future undisturbed, without a trace of sorrow, and with joy that constantly increases, as this life becomes a holy instant, set in time, but heeding only immortality.....  Try not to shape this day as you believe would benefit you most. For you can not conceive of all the happiness that comes to you without your planning. Learn today. And all the world will take this giant stride, and celebrate your Easter-time with you. Throughout the day, as foolish little things appear to raise defensiveness in you and tempt you to engage in weaving plans, remind yourself this is a special day for learning, ..."



No comments: