Monday, October 20, 2008

Fear

This morning I had a difficult time getting out of bed. Then, as I sat at my table, I could feel fear and hatred building within me. I did not want to go to work, face whatever comes up and be responsible. I could feel hatred of responsiblity.

I glanced down at my ACIM text:
  • Open the dark cornerstone of terror on which it (the ego) rests, and bring it out into the light.
  • ...everything of which you have been afraid was based on nothing (meaninglessness, delusion, projection).
  • ...the little spark in your mind is enough...
  • I (Jesus) give you the lamp and I will go with you.
  • His (God's) thought system is light.
  • You dwell in the Mind of God with your brother...

In the Bible, Jesus says, "Be not afraid...my peace I give to you..."

I realized I was back at the decision point. I did not have to be afraid. I could choose to accept the peace of Christ. My ego absolutely does not want to go and serve. My ego hates me because I have been refusing to attack my brother and learning to choose the belief that I live in God. So my ego generates fear and hatred for "them" and "what-ever-is-out-there-which-could-hurt-me." None of that is true. It is all false perception and I can choose to believe Jesus instead.

No comments: