- ...He (God) will be heard when you place no other gods (ego stuff) before Him.
- His Voice (God's) still calls you to return...
- Reality can dawn only on an unclouded mind.
- The miracle is the act of a Son of God (us) who has laid aside all false gods (ego stuff), and calls on his brothers to do likewise...(because) he strengthens It (God's Voice) in a sick brother...(because) one mind can shine into another because all the lamps of God were lit by the same spark.
Today, if you hear God's Voice, harden not your heart (Hebrews 3:15). Christ be my light.
In the Spirit of Old Testament Daniel, I sought to complete a 40 day Daniel Fast. Here are initial goals and results:
1. I seek knowledge and understanding of all kinds; including understanding of visions (Daniel 1). I believe I see more clearly the Truth of Christ present in every human and all creation.
2. I seek to see the man dressed in linen, and to understand the Book of Truth (Daniel 10). The man in linen is The Christ in humanity and Truth is that God totally loves all of us all the time.
3. I seek to re-dedicate my life to the Kingdom; by focusing on this and nothing else. The idea that my material life is but a store front for my spirituality has deepened. This idea helps me to focus only on the Christ light as I go through each day.
4. I seek wisdom in the most basic element of my life: sustenance. I am completely unhappy that, even though I run 50 to 70 miles a week, I still gain weight. I need a spiritual break through to learn what to eat, how much and when. I am so completely unhappy instead of enjoying myself as a child of God. Accomplished.
5. I seek a spiritual basis of my life. Just trying to abstain without the power of God is meaningless, and it seems not to work. Accomplished.
6. I seek gratitude for all Jesus has done to help me. Accomplished.
7. I resolve to abstain from royal (party or junk) foods for 40 days. Accomplished!
- Cheezits and cookies from the snack machine.
- Processed soy products such as Chicken Patties and Steak Starters.
- Butter, and half and half. d. Asiago bagels e. Potato Soup (preservatives)
- Peanut butter (sugar, comfort food)
- Coffee (but not tea) in order to eliminate creamer (and its chemicals)
- Eat only unleavened, stone ground, unpreserved bread.
- Salad dressing with preservatives.
- Free Cell – eating while playing cards on the computer.
- I haven’t mentioned a number of other items because I already don’t eat meat or drink alcohol.
8. What I really want to do is not cheat myself or God for 40 days. Accomplished!
10. I want to lose about 5 pounds, but the goal is God supported discipline in eating. That is, I don’t rationalize cheating because I am honoring God. I lost about 7 pounds.
I have decided to continue on with the spirit of Daniel, Ezekiel, John Baptist and Anna Prophetess praying and fasting, night and day for decades within the Temple; accompanied by Jesus of the desert, who baptizes with the Holy Spirit, resists temptation of devils and is ministered by angels. I am much happier like this.
I started this fast in a scapular of burlap with a rough cross scrawled front and back. Today I will be invested with the Benedictine scapular and dedicate my life deeper and deeper to the service of Christ and learning in the school of the Lord's service. A scapular was initially the monk's work apron. It became stylized over the centuries, but it is still for me a symbol of the yoke of Christ. Embroidered with the cross, it is a symbol of my dedication and an outer garment symbolizing the Lord's tent. My spirit dwells within the tent. My heart is the altar.
I want to live today with the vision of God's light in everyone I see. I ask Jesus for help because each moment is the work of God.