Thursday, October 9, 2008

Daniel Day 32

In the third year of Cyrus king of Persia, Daniel was doing a three week penance. He took no agreeable food, touched no wine or meat, and did not anoint himself. On the banks of a river, he saw the "Person like a man" dressed in linen with a voice like a multitude (theophany of the Son of Man). The man said, "Daniel, do not be afraid: from that first day when, the better to understand, you resolved to mortify yourself before God, your words have been heard, your words are the reason why I came...Do not be afraid...peace be with you..."

As I read these words in prayer, I allowed the possibility that God hears me to open in my heart. Then, as my heart was an open blossom, I felt touched and breathed on and breathed in. We are loved more than any of us will ever know. I allowed the possibility and the touch increased. He is always there, waiting more for me than me for Him.

This is the consummated moment for the celibate, the person vowed to God.

No comments: