Friday, July 31, 2009

The Better Way

Studying A Course in Miracles (ACIM) this morning (12.III), I again ponder some parts of ACIM which offer a totally different paradigm than the one I was taught by society or religion. These other ways of looking at things offer me hope for better outlooks, and that is why I continue to study ACIM. These other ways of looking at things contradict the world's logic and take long discussions with Jesus in order for me to slowly get it, and live happier. I can only learn to live these other ways with help from my Guide, Jesus, and my Teacher, the Holy Spirit. Here are some bits and pieces of what Jesus says, out of context:

- If only the loving thoughts of God’s Son (all of us are God’s Son) are the world’s (not this world, but the one God gave us) reality then the real world must be in his mind.
- Everything you perceive as the outside world is merely your attempt to maintain your ego identification (instead of Christ/Holy Spirit identification)…
- You have projected outward what is antagonistic (self hate and guilt) ….your hatred is in your mind…you must get rid of it before you can perceive the world as it really is.
- The world you perceive is…governed by the desire to be unlike God…made out of what you do not want, projected from your mind because you are afraid of it.
- …you do have control over your mind…all the attack you perceive is in your own mind…
- Bring your (unloving) perceptions to the inner altar of God where Christ abideth, the altar of truth where Atonement has been placed…there you will see your vision changed (into Christ vision)…
- …you must relinquish your investment in the world as you project it, allowing the Holy Spirit to extend the real world to you from the altar of God.

My reflection: I see a world that is against me, filled with people being angry, attacking each other (all anger in the mind is an attack even if not behaviorally carried out), and no way to get ahead. The world I see is the projection of my own self hate and investment in the idea I need to be punished. I need to be punished because I think I left God and am separate from God and God hates me and would punish me (like the prodigal son). So I bring this self honesty to Jesus and let him shine his light on it, undoing my hard feelings. As I let go of my investment, the world I see improves.

I must take responsibility for my projections and stop thinking God would make the hatred I see. If God is love, God wouldn’t make this hateful world. It must have come from somewhere else. In ACIM, Jesus encourages us to take responsibility for our thoughts and feelings, bring them to him and move on to loving thoughts instead. Jesus and the Holy Spirit are in us and will teach us a better way. I want the better way.

I am stopping my investment in the money economy and starting to invest in “THE ECONOMY OF LOVE.” In the long run, love is the only important thing.

Ha, ha…as I am now following a training schedule and not doing what I want, my running has been removed from my ego and placed in the loving hands of my Teacher, Guide and Coach (Jesus). My running is now running on love and not self. How happy this is for me. I need to do the same with my eating.

Peace be with you always!

No comments: