Sunday, May 10, 2009

Love, Silence and the Rain

Before I pray, I pray (ACIM WB review V):

2 Steady our feet, our Father. Let our doubts be quiet and our holy minds be still, and speak to us. We have no words to give to You. We would but listen to Your Word, and make it ours. Lead our practicing as does a father lead a little child along a way he does not understand. Yet does he follow, sure that he is safe because his father leads the way for him.
3 So do we bring our practicing to You. And if we stumble, You will raise us up. If we forget the way, we count upon Your sure remembering. We wander off, but You will not forget to call us back. Quicken our footsteps now, that we may walk more certainly and quickly unto You. And we accept the Word You offer us to unify our practicing, as we review the thoughts that You have given us.

A Course in Miracles is a guidebook to the path of light. The path of light leads to Self, the Self which knows Love. The Self is a word for the Son of God, the Christ. Our minds are each a part of His, and we each are a hologram containing a complete picture of Him (our bodies are illusions). In Self, all are one and all is joined in God. The path of light merely slips beyond illusions into the one Heart. We are monos (monks), one hearted with God.

God is only Love. Love is the rain gently falling in my mind and spirit, beyond the body. Love is all of life rejoicing for the gentle rain, the heavenly gift of living water, the presence of Christ everywhere. I do not need to work for this water. It is free. I merely open my mind and heart and remember its sound; remember IT. Love never ceases. Love can be relied on, trusted. Remembering Love is a habit, something I can develop if I want. I always get to choose what I want: Love or hate.

The gentle God, Love as a quiet rain, awaits my remembering and attentiveness. He asks for nothing and has nothing to give that matters in this world. He gave the path of light, beyond this world. His world, His Love is within.

I am a thought of love in the Mind of Love, and that is all. I can remember this. I can rejoice in the rain and live a life constantly in the presence of its gentle quietness. I can be the rain. I can choose a reality which is only gentle rain, only love resting in Love.

And now for a gentle slow run in the gentle rain. The sound is of birds, the spatter of drops on nylon, the foot falls on a cinder trail.

No comments: