Thursday, January 22, 2009

Real Light

I sit in meditation and observe the inner light. I call it the sun of my loving Self. I practice this day after day; morning, noon, night and in between. I do not know what could be true or real about this light. I repeat the journey to the light on faith. At a minimum, when I am looking at the light, I am not listening to ego. That is my claim to peace.

From A Course in Miracles:
  • The special relationship is the renuncuation of the Love of God, and the attempt to secure for the self (ego) the specialness that He denied.
  • There is no veil the Love of God in us together cannot lift. The way to truth is open. Follow it with me (Jesus)...straight to the Heart of God.

That phrase "straight to the heart of God" is gripping to me. The Heart of God is truly where I want to be. The Heart of God is the focus of all my desire and all my spiritual practice. Why are some surprised that I give up TV or shopping for this?

No comments: