Friday, April 26, 2013

Obesity 4th Step / 10th Step

I had a pleasant 5 mile jog in El Lago again this morning. I wish I could do miles and miles without pain every day. The Sri Chinmoy 10 day race in Flushing Meadow is going on right now. I totally wish I could be there. My second best is to go to San Antonio next weekend and do marathons.

I am not obese, or fat. But I am a woman of a certain age, as well as an American in a food filled environment, so weight control is an issue for me. Maintaining at a comfortable level does require work. So I read some blogs written by obesity experts. Below is a like to a blog which has a series "The Road to Obesity."
http://www.drsharma.ca/roads-to-obesity-emotions.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+AryaSharma+%28Arya+M.+Sharma%2C+MD%29


When I was reading it this morning, I connected the reasons for obesity with the moral inventories I learned about in my Twelve Step Program. I realized that Dr Sharma has listed (so far) 4 items which could be inventories frequently in order to better put the food down:
  1. Life Events
  2. Gradual Processes
  3. Socioeconomic Factors
  4. Emotions
So, one could look at these each day and see which ones came into play today, get it down on paper, turn it over to a Higher Power.

And then: I'd go for a run. Nothing like a few miles to fix everything.

No comments: