Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Beyond This World

I have always wanted to have a new thought; something the others weren’t thinking.

Do these come from: God, Higher Self, Holy Spirit, Jesus, collective consciousness, my subconscious, or created by me?

If I am quiet, will I hear one?

Thinking something different than everyone else is a major concern of mine. At work, I take and teach courses on "Breakthrough Thinking" and creative thinking. I do everything to be outside the box. I want love-based thinking. One thing I like about A Course in Miracles is it teaches different ways to see things. I have to conclude I am a one year old crawler when it comes to unique thinking or I wouldn't still be learning from established methodologies.

This morning I was reading in 12.III in the ACIM text:
  • Whenever you become angry with a brother, for whatever reason, you are believing that the ego is to be saved, and to be saved by attack. If he attacks, you are agreeing with this belief; and if you attack, you are reinforcing it. Remember that those who attack are poor...
  • To identify with the ego is to attack yourself and make yourself poor. That is why everyone who identifies with the ego feels deprived. What he experiences then is depression or anger, because what he did was to exchange Self-love for self-hate...
  • Everything you perceive as the outside world is merely your attempt to maintain your ego identification...
  • If you will recognize that all the attack you perceive is in your own mind and nowhere else, you will at last have placed its source, and where it begins it must end. For in this same place also lies salvation. The altar of God where Christ abideth is there. ...Bring your perceptions of the world to this altar, for it is the altar to truth. There you will see your vision changed, and there you will learn to see truly.
When I run long slow distance, I am not thinking of races. I am thinking of extending my mind and becoming just a thought floating free in the universe. When I ski on the nordic track, I put ear plugs in and shut my eyes. Then I ponder my personal spiritual creed (litany). I go deep into the meaning and feel the presence of divine Silence.

    Spiritual Creed:
    Father in Jesus' name remind me of
    Your love for me and of my love for You.

    I hate the world because it is my fear.
    I am spirit. Know this need not be.
    Fear is lack of love. Atonement heals.
    Expanding love is my reality.
    I am not alone. Jesus is here.
    Jesus is the undoing of the dream.
    The Holy Spirit is the Voice for God.
    I hear Him speak quietly in my mind.

    In the holy instant I forgive.
    Miracles come forth as love expressed.
    Giving and receiving are the same.
    Full appreciation is my gift.
    The innocent see perfection truly.
    Christ vision is where they put all their faith.
    My mind holds only light and it shines out.
    I see God's majesty in all others.

    God is not symbolic. He is fact.
    Peace is always firm. Love I believe.
    Into His hands I commend my spirit.
    And so my mind awakens to His peace.
    Eternal Silence lives Its life in me.
    Still and quiet Love has set me free.

    Truth is my commitment. Thinking peace.
    Love is my intention. Silence seen.
    Love based thinking is my one desire.
    Inner peace is what I really want.

    No comments: