Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Thread of My Life

This morning, as I was doing my morning spiritual workout, I wondered what I am doing here. What is the purpose of my life? I could go read in a book what humans are for. I've done that already. I wondered what I would say if I searched inside for my own answer.

It suddenly became obvious that I want to know my spiritual identity. And then it became obvious that my spiritual creed is my spiritual identity.

I am NOT a spirit having a human experience. I AM a spirit having a worldly delusion. I am a long distance runner and athlete; but this is merely a reflection of my spiritual program. It is the spiritual identity which comes first. I can see this if I review my life and all the interests and experiences I've had. I've put a spiritual spin on all of them. I even accredit my current state of fitness and career success as a spiritual endeavor and result. My worldly life is just a reflection of spiritual growth.

I've always been somewhat jealous of people who had worldly identities: family, profession, religion, etc. Earlier in life, I tried to gain one of these identities. More recently, I've divorced myself from all of them. Now, as of today, I validate my spiritual identity as the main, and really the only, purpose of my life.

Spiritual Creed:
Father in Jesus' name remind me of
Your love for me and of my love for You.

I hate the world because it is my fear.
I am spirit. Know this need not be.
Fear is lack of love. Atonement heals.
Expanding love is my reality.
I am not alone. Jesus is here.
Jesus is the undoing of the dream.
The Holy Spirit is the Voice for God.
I hear Him speak quietly in my mind.

In the holy instant I forgive.
Miracles come forth as love expressed.
Giving and receiving are the same.
Full appreciation is my gift.
The innocent see perfection truly.
Christ vision is where they put all their faith.
My mind holds only light and it shines out.
I see God's majesty in all others.

God is not symbolic. He is fact.
Peace is always firm. Love I believe.
Into His hands I commend my spirit.
And so my mind awakens to His peace.
Eternal Silence lives Its life in me.
Still and quiet Love has set me free.

Truth is my commitment. Thinking peace.
Love is my intention. Silence seen.
Love based thinking is my one desire.
Inner peace is what I really want.

No comments: