Thursday, December 17, 2009

Thinking Heaven

I started my day with this from the ACIM Text (26.II):

+ And all you need to do is but to wish that Heaven be given you (every part of the Son of God whom I am) instead of hell…
+ For what you give to Him (Holy Spirit) is everyone’s, and by your giving it can He ensure that everyone receives it equally.

This comes from a discussion of God’s justice; where no one loses that another may gain, errors are corrected and we all have all. The definition of “error” I will leave for another day. The point I want to make right now is this: I honestly admit that sometimes I hope something bad will happen to another person (or I am glad when it does) because I gain from their misfortune. I appear to have gained innocently because, hey, they just dropped dead, I didn’t kill them. But really, my thoughts did cause the injury. I am the cause, not the effect. I am the projector of the dream of my life and I am the dreamer of my life. This is the brutal situation presented by ACIM. I am responsible for what I project.

But if I am willing to think Heaven for everyone, then we all have it and I find myself in partnership with the Holy Spirit. That is my function.

This wishing of heaven for everyone is a thought I bring into solitude. In solitude, I send heaven to everyone I think of including the general group of humans everywhere. We are one Son of God (Christ has one body). So, if I give to one, I give to all and we all go to heaven. This heaven-giving thought pattern is the condition for remembering God.

+ God cannot be remembered until justice is loved instead of feared.

“Remembering God” has been my quest for decades. Now you know why I love ACIM. It gives me specific tools, teachings and a radically different understanding of this world. All of it works to get me to my goal: God.

This morning, I had a fabulous run of 70 minutes on hills. I felt speedy! Tomorrow, I have a vacation day and it is supposed to snow some. So I get to run in falling snow.

No comments: