Friday, February 6, 2009

Eye Blinks of Heaven

  • Heaven is not a place nor a condition. It is merely an awareness of perfect Oneness, and the knowledge that there is nothing else; nothing outside this Oneness, and nothing else within.
  • For God created only this...
  • What could God give but knowledge of himself? What else is there to give? The belief that you could give and get something else, something outside yourself, has cost you the awareness of Heaven and of your Identity.

Sometimes I make a special day out of Friday: getting up a little early to have more time for God.

Sometimes, well just about every day, I read something in the Course (ACIM) that causes me to pause. I have sudden realizations or sudden knowledge. I have moments of clarity where I understand the entire universe, even if only for a second.

This morning I had a few seconds of Oneness, of Heaven.

I spend as much time in silence and solitude as possible in order to have these moments of Heaven. These moments are prime time for me. I may continue to dwell in them and remember them for that day or any number of days. These occurrances of heaven are the exciting part of my life.

I went running this morning under an almost clear sky with an almost full moon. Jesus came with me and sang the whole way:

Oh, Im bein followed by a moonshadow, moonshadow, moonshadow
Leapin and hoppin on a moonshadow, moonshadow, moonshadow

And if I ever lose my hands, lose my plough, lose my land,
Oh if I ever lose my hands, oh if.... I wont have to work no more.
And if I ever lose my eyes, if my colours all run dry,
Yes if I ever lose my eyes, oh if.... I wont have to cry no more.
And if I ever lose my legs, I wont moan, and I wont beg,
Yes if I ever lose my legs, oh if.... I wont have to walk no more.
And if I ever lose my mouth, all my teeth, north and south,
Yes if I ever lose my mouth, oh if.... I wont have to talk...
Did it take long to find me? I asked the faithful light.
Did it take long to find me? and are you gonna stay the night?

Oh, Im bein followed by a moonshadow, moonshadow, moonshadow
Leapin and hoppin on a moonshadow, moonshadow, moonshadow
(Cat Stevens)

No comments: