Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ash Wednesday - First Day of the Journey

6 am –

ACIM: “If you behold disaster and catastrophe, you tried to crucify him (the Son of God, all of us)…The world you see but shows you how much joy you have allowed yourself to see in you, and to accept as yours.”

WB lesson 107: Truth (Christ) will correct all errors in my mind.

I begin by asking Him Who journeys with me to be in my awareness. I make my pledge to let His function be fulfilled through me. Then, I let Him lead me to inner peace. Today belongs to truth (Christ)

As I pray and meditate this early morning, I realize I have thought errors, darkness to bring to the light, for truth to correct. First, I see a world of catastrophe. It is my projection of my self hate. Hating myself is a correction which only truth, and not me, can perform (a miracle). Second, I don’t allow much joy because, well, I’m not sure I have any idea what joy is. I look around and see silliness passed off as joy and I want nothing to do with it. Yet, joy is an aspect of Love. So, I can’t know Love if I don’t allow joy. Only Christ can correct this error.

Correction a) I hate myself because I think I am crap.
Correction b) Joy is stupid.

As I read on in the text and turn inward, listening to truth and offering my errors, a miracle perception change occurs: I have eyes not of the body. With them, I can see that all is pure light, infinite love, holy innocence and constant peace.

Thus, I take the first few steps on my Lenten journey. I drop 2 heavy rocks of errors and walk free deeper into the heart of Christ.

It is early morning. My computer is mad about something and I am taking it to the shop today. Tomorrow at work, I’ll be able to post further reflections.

No comments: