Thursday, May 2, 2013

May Flowers - Smelling The Roses

For once, I am completely at ease; smelling the roses. I slept very well for 10 hours last night. This morning, I'm hanging around my house doing my spiritual studies; smelling the roses. In a little bit I'll jump in the car and drive to San Antonio for my double marathon.

I'm not working out today. I decided what to do about work: just put my name out there for the job transfers and see which one happens. So, in a sense, abundance is my lot. Three job possibilities in one place.

Now, I get to do the simplest thing in the world: walk marathons. I came to this conclusion through the pain in my left heel; and came to enjoy it. I like doing time and miles, but I don't "need" to do them very fast.

This slow way allows for smelling the roses but still getting to the finish line. It is the way of downward mobility. It is the ego-less way. Quietly, elegantly pursuing a dream of love not competition.

I am reading the end of chapter 6 in A Course in Miracles. This Course really saves my bacon on a daily basis. I get to return to the beginning each day. Start from scratch each day and your life really transforms. You get to pursue love instead to getting.

"9 Truth is without illusions and therefore within the Kingdom. Everything outside the Kingdom is illusion. When you threw truth away you saw yourself as if you were without it. By making another kingdom that you valued, you did not keep only the Kingdom of God in your mind, and thus placed part of your mind outside it. What you made has imprisoned your will, and given you a sick mind that must be healed. Your vigilance against this sickness is the way to heal it. Once your mind is healed it radiates health, and thereby teaches healing. This establishes you as a teacher who teaches like me. Vigilance was required of me as much as of you, and those who choose to teach the same thing must be in agreement about what they believe.

10 The third step, then, is a statement of what you want to believe, and entails a willingness to relinquish everything else. The Holy Spirit will enable you to take this step, if you follow Him. Your vigilance is the sign that you want Him to guide you. Vigilance does require effort, but only until you learn that effort itself is unnecessary. You have exerted great effort to preserve what you made because it was not true. Therefore, you must now turn your effort against it. Only this can cancel out the need for effort, and call upon the being which you both have and are. This recognition is wholly without effort since it is already true and needs no protection. It is in the perfect safety of God. Therefore, inclusion is total and creation is without limit."

The way that self transcendence runners get massive miles over a 6 or 10 day period is simple to keep walking. This is how I will be for the next 2 days; smelling the roses.

No comments: