Sunday, May 12, 2013

100 Minutes

It is Sunday. I work out on Sundays. But I find that my body is still recovering from the double marathon I did last weekend. It was on concrete and that seems to be a problem even though I was barely jogging. My 18 miles yesterday revealed dead legs.

So today, I was confused as to what to do. I simply loaded the hydropak and went for a walk around El Lago. I stuck to walking, no jogging and got in 9 miles.

This afternoon, the fun began. This is where the 100 minutes comes in. I worked my way around my home gym putting in 20 minutes at each station: bike, step platform with kettlebells, Versa climber, Nordic track and elliptic. I burned way more calories than I would have jogging. And better still, my heel doesn't hurt this evening.

So, I'm doing another double marathon in 3 weeks. I think I need to train with more time spent on cross training and less on miles. I'm pondering doing something crazy in mid-June. We'll see.

This evening I went to an AA meeting. I got to say out loud my new favorite phrase: I don't know what the fuck I'm doing in Texas.

I just read a beautiful blog by a Jewish hermit. http://jewishcontemplatives.blogspot.com/2013/05/shavuos-sinai-in-our-hearts-may-2013.html

I liked this: "There are those who go down in the Chariot and there are those who are engaged in the Work of Creation. There are those who climb Sefirotic Trees and those who manipulate the Holy Letters. But there is a simple path for simpler people.

 There is one essential process to arrive there: Stand still.
 There is one essential activity to perform: Listen."

May I listen. May I let go and let God.

No comments: