Saturday, April 2, 2011

Go'in to the Rock

The Rock is Christ; who I believe is in me and you. And always has been. The Rock is my essence, my inner being, the Love in my heart, the life of my soul. I touch it so vaguely, yet I continue to believe it is truly there.

I've been paying attention to my inner being. I need this strength.

I made it to chapter 2 of Aristotle's "Metaphysics." At the end of chapter 1 he says, "It is evident then...that all men seem to seek the causes ...but they seek vaguely..." And to start chapter 2, "The investigation of the truth...since the truth seems to be like the proverbial door, which no one can fail to hit...but the fact that we can have a whole truth and not the particular part we aim at shows the difficulty of it." And, "For as the eyes of bats are to the blaze of day, so is the reason in our soul to the things which are by nature most evident of all."

Hummm....food for thought!

I've continued my running and working out since the 50 mile endurance run. Today, I ran 19 miles on a trail. It took 3 hours to feel the deeper tiredness. At that point, I could also feel the infinity of the long distance runner.

So I ran another hour and a quarter after that.

No comments: