Friday, February 18, 2011

Of Burpees

Google it if you don't know what a burpee is. I myself didn't know until about 2 months ago.

Some of the time, my cross training consists of 35 minutes in the torture chamber. The torture chamber is the bedroom of my one bedroom apartment, where I can configure it for a mini circuit of TRX, step platform, burpees and jogging on trampoline with weights on arms and legs.

I can hardly do 5 burpees in a row.

My cross training is small little chunks of time compared to the running, but I do think that use of other muscles and balancing type exercise makes better trail running possible and increases my endurance.

Spiritual burpees have to do with mind expanding truth which the ordinary consciousness simply cannot believe. A true thought is a spiritual burpee.

From Ch 11 of ACIM text:
  • Think like Him ever so slightly, and the little spark becomes a blazing light that fills your mind so that He becomes your only Guest. 
  • You who have God must be as God, for His function became yours with His gift. Invite this knowledge back into your mind, and let nothing that obscures it enter. The Guest Whom God sent you will teach you how to do this, if you but recognize the little spark and are willing to let it grow. 
  •  Turn toward the light, for the little spark in you is part of a Light so great that it can sweep you out of all darkness forever. 
Attempting to deepen my belief in truth is a spiritual burpee. Letting the spark blink into my consciousness is a spiritual burpee.

Do your burpees. Don't pretend like you don't need them.

No comments: