Sunday, June 6, 2010

Ultra Weekend

WB 127: “…escape from every law in which you now believe. Open your mind and rest. The world that seems to hold you prisoner can be escaped by anyone who does not hold it dear. Withdraw all value you have placed upon its meager offerings and senseless gifts, and let the gift of God replace them all.”

Text 15.XI: “The Prince of Peace was born to re-establish the condition of love by teaching that communication remains unbroken even if the body is destroyed, provided that you see not the body as the necessary means of communication. … communication, which must be of the mind, cannot be sacrificed. … sacrifice is nowhere and love is everywhere. For communication embraces everything, and in the peace it re-establishes, love comes of itself.”

There is no love but God’s.

The above was what I read in the ACIM workbook and the Text this morning. I'm not going to try to explain clearly and completely what the above means; because Jesus already did that in the Text. I'll just talk about myself.

I seek Christ within, in each person and myself. The true identity of the person is an idea in the mind of God, not a physical body. I look for this with my inner eyes. The Christ, the Son of God, all of us, is One, united in God even if we see ourselves as separated in the dream of this world. Each of us has been given The Thought, but we cover it over with our own puny thoughts; because we are afraid to consciously be host to God.

I study the Course in solitude. I reflect and meditate and listen to The Voice for God in solitude. Each and everyday, I encounter people both in their body and in my mind. I don't belong to any social groups and spend my free time alone. I don't join groups. All my attempts to communicate the Course in face-to-face conversation have failed. So I don't try to pass it on, I practice it and let It do what It wants.

Yesterday, I woke up at 3:30 am. Since it was a humid 77F outside, I wanted to get my run started early. I couldn't go back to sleep so got up at 3:50. I did my spiritual work and got the run started at 5:15. I ran at the park on the Missouri with a flat 2.7 mile loop. I chose that so I could go by my car every 30 min and leave my sports drink in a cooler by the car. I ran slow for 3:45 covering 18.9 miles and then walked another 1.1 mile just to get an even 20 miles.

Today, it was much cooler overnight, 65F, so I slept until 6:30. Then, I did my spiritual study and got the run started a little after 8. I ran back and forth along the levy doing 8 minutes of jogging then 2 minutes of walking, covering 21 miles in 4:15. I got to spend most of the time under a cloudless deep blue sky with a blazing sun.

This is my preferred way to do a weekend. Jogging aimlessly and repeating a phrase from ACIM over and over in my mind. This is a pointless activity; just what I do. I have been doing it every weekend for months. To live a seemingly futile life is impossible for most people. To stop agitating and doing and just spend time meaninglessly is so frowned on. I'm often accused of not having a life. I'm almost ready to quit attempting to justify my existence in this world. Well, I'm not really here anyway; and neither are you.

No comments: