Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Sharing ACIM

This morning in the ACIM text I read: "In the holy instant, where the Great Rays replace the body in awareness, the recognition of relationships without limits is given you. But in order to see this, it is necessary to give up every use the ego has for the body, and to accept the fact that the ego has no purpose you would share with it…. When the body ceases to attract you, and when you place no value on it as a means of getting anything, then there will be no interference in communication and your thoughts will be as free as God’s.”

You know, I attempt to live a spiritual life and remember our inherent holiness and remember God. It takes choice and followup on the choice. Since I want the spiritual life alot, I keep up with the spiritual practices. I intentionally work on making space in my mind for God awareness; letting go of the ego goals. I really want to see love, not a bunch of people I've judged as a pain. The point of ACIM forgiveness is to see with the Holy Spirit's point of view and Christ vision; not my ego point of view. So I keep studying and practicing. I go along with life and see what it has too teach me.

My ACIM workbook lesson today was on gratitude; especially on receiving the gratitude of God. I find it impossible to get my mind around that with heart felt acceptance. I've been repeating the idea and listening to the void, but not allowing anything to come in.

I ran a 4:31 marathon last Sunday. I'm say'in now that my legs feel much better after that than they did after the Olathe marathon in April or even the 5k I did in early May. I am really happy about that. I felt downright zippy this morning and ran at tempo on hills for the first time in a long time. I am looking forwardto my first massage in a long time today also.

Wonder if I'll sign up for the Maryville marathon on June 12. (could happen, we'll see)

No comments: