Tuesday, June 1, 2010

National Captal Marathon - The Silence After

It is the morning after my trip home from Canada. I learned alot during my weekend and I felt success in the spiritual growth area. The picture there is of my Course in Miracles (ACIM) text open to 15.IX, which is where I happen to be reading this morning; and of the spinny finisher's medal from the National Capital marathon. The maple leaf spins and the middle gold ring spins.

The first sentence of 15.IX says: "As the ego would limit your perception of your brothers to the body, so would the Holy Spirit release your vision and let you see the Great Rays shining from them, so unlimited that they reach to God. It is this shift to vision that is accomplished in the holy instant."

I was working on the ACIM concept of "forgiveness" all weekend but especially yesterday during my trip home. Forgiveness means: this world is an ego dream, an illusion and not what God created, hence it can be looked beyond to the Christ, the Son of God, who we all are, who is innocent and no sin exists because nothing happened, the world is an ego illusion and never happened. We mostly live in the ego consciousness, which we made not God, so we think the world is real and never ask the question: what if it is an illusion. However, mystics and physicists have know this is an illusion for centuries and decades. ACIM gives me the practice of "forgiveness" which sets me free to see things differently.

So here is my example. Yesterday, unbeknownst to me, the President of the United States was flying in Chicago air space. That means that the entire world of United Airlines was disrupted for hours. So, I was delayed. It was a strange delay because no one seemed to know why and plans kept changing every 30 or 40 minutes. For my part, I kept thinking about my ACIM lesson: "Forgiveness is the key to happiness." I kept thinking, forgiveness brings me happiness, not on-time flights. My ego wants things to go its way and be angry if it doesn't. Yesterday, I mentally rejected the ego's view of things and practiced the Holy Spirit's forgiveness. I saw only light. I rejected anger. I thought about the holy Son of God beyond the delusion of the world. I refused to judge God's will for me based on an ego perception. I accepted that the Holy Spirit was giving me happiness through forgiveness. So, ta da, my inner peace was not disturbed by the world and I was seeing the holy Son of God instead of being angry. Thats the point: Forgiveness is the key to happiness (nothing else). Now carry on.

So my big Canada trip is over. It is now time to pause, be still, listen to The Voice and hear God's will for me. As I pause to listen, it seems that the idea of the lunar nite flight ultra-marathon materializes in my mind. It means keeping my running in the area of endurance and not speed. It means giving up the idea of running two marathons back to back so I can join "Marathon Maniacs" (really, why should that matter, it is a harmful distraction).

Today, I am going for a slow run and doing laundry.

I really want what ACIM teaches more than anything.

No comments: