Friday, April 24, 2009

We walk to God

My work book lesson today says this in the first paragraph: "There is a way of living in the world that is not here, although it seems to be. You do not change appearance, though you smile more frequently. Your forehead is serene; your eyes are quiet. And the ones who walk the world as you do recognize their own. Yet those who have not yet perceived the way will recognize you also, and believe that you are like them, as you were before."

And then, near the end, it says this: "We walk to God. Pause and reflect on this. ...He asks but that you think of Him a while each day, that He may speak to you and tell you of His Love, reminding you how great His trust; how limitless His Love."

Learning to remember God, learning you are love, learning this world is an illusion, learning how to live in peace; these are what A Course in Miracles teaches. I testify: it works if you work it. The Course requires study. It can't really be dummed down like most other philosophy. I am just grateful to my higher power and higher self or higher something, for enabling me to go ahead and work on learning. In the silence of my hermitage, I look at my inner pain and the pain I have dreamed out in the world. I don't deny I feel it, but I have learned to look beyond it using Christ vision, to see holiness and begin to identify more with holiness than the world. I have learned to shift from a body centered view to a Christ centered view. To have another perspective is a thing I am grateful for, and this is what the miracle is.

"...to the One Who sends forth miracles to bless the world, a tiny stab of pain, a little worldly pleasure, and the throes of death itself are but a single sound; a call for healing, and a plaintive cry for help within a world of misery"

And so, I recognize my own stabs of pain, be they a lump in my breast or a sore achilles or lack of money or old age or etc. Pleasure is the same as pain because it is still an attempt to hide from God; pleasure has the cost of pain. I let Christ see them and hear my cry of pain. Healing is brought to my mind, where the pain actually is, and healing extends through me out into unknown places. I am willing to go along with this. I am willing to live this paradigm because it has transcended.

Jesus is the name I use for my helper.

I had my special Friday celebration, as usual: I got up at 2:45 and did study and meditation for an hour and a half. Then I lifted weights and worked out on the back porch. It would have been a wonderful morning for running, but I am finding I need a little more recovery from my 50k race last weekend. As I worked out, I felt better and better.

No comments: