One stretch of road was long flat and straight with 8 foot corn on both sides. It was hot by then and my legs were tired. It was then that the Universe got my attention. I realized how I've been thinking that this week at work will be the week from hell. I realized I'd already decided that; but in a metaphysical reality, I can change my mind. If I change my mind and turn my mind over to Something Bigger, I don't have to live in a hellish prison of anger, hate and fear this week.
The anger hate and fear are mine. I have help as soon as I face them head on (consciously) and ask Something Bigger for some other way of thinking. I have to quit pretending they are not there. I have to quit denying the hateful thoughts or they tear me up from the inside with the eventual bad reaction to some real person.
This moment of clarity produced a moment of prayer and gratitude (I am off the hook of my own thinking). Funny how it takes 2 1/2 hours of running in the hot sun to finally wear away the ego control and hear what Something Bigger has to say.
- It is essential that you realize that your thinking will be erratic until a firm commitment is made to light. The strength to bring your mind under Jesus' guidance comes from your undivided decision.
- This is a Course in mind training.
- An imprisoned mind is not free because it is held back by itself. The mind can only miscreate when it believes it is not free.
- The way to correct distortions is to withdraw your faith in them and invest it only in what is true.
- Nothing can prevail against a Son of God who commends his spirit into the hands of his Father. By doing this the mind awakens from its sleep and remembers its Creator.