Friday, July 1, 2016

Self Transcendence 13/52

Yes it is still my Self Transcendence retreat. To understand what I am doing, the links are on the blog 1/52. I have journalled daily about self transcendence but only blogged sometimes.

A retreat is a period of special spiritual focus; just as a Muslim does Ramadan or a Catholic does Lent. I am doing Self Transcendence.

Today I begin a 6 day vacation. I am doing 3 marathons starting tomorrow. Today, I slept very late and sat with my philosophical book for a long time. I had time to ask myself, "What self transcendence?" I had some ideas I've never had before.

When I was a child, I saw many commercials about "Go climb a rock." I can't remember what that was for. If I google it now, it seems to be about Yosemite National Park. In a child's imagination, the saying stuck as an aspiration for more, to achieve in some way. The drive to succeed can be found in me. Since my early 20s I've wanted a spiritual achievement. The ideas that reality is an illusion and the desire for knowing my higher self have been there since late 20s.  In my middle 20s, I realized the corporate achievement was not going to work for me. I don't seem to be a gifted athlete, but I have pursued physical achievement all my life; except in 2004 or so, my running became spiritual due to the 3,100 Mile Self Transcendence Race.

What mountain am I climbing? It is an abstract mountain. This morning I had a new thought: What if I was born with the metaphysical and spiritual knowledge that medieval spiritualists received as an emotional sledge hammer, so that it doesn't seem so outrageous to me?  If that is true, then I'm already at the top of that mountain and there is some other mountain I want to climb. If I look out in my world, can I find reflections of inner mountain climbing?

Energy.

Somehow my spiritual metaphysical work is gaining energy, transforming energy. My inner world seems more at peace lately. My outer world is successful in material ways. However, I still want more spiritual consciousness. I still want a higher view. But I need to stop looking at the old methods. I need to transform these old methods. This had to be the reason I've learned so much about various old methods. And the reason I know how to integrate. I need to push the integration forward, to make that quantum leap into a new orbital.

At the physical 3,100 mile self transcendence race, I notice that several people are doing more miles than they have in previous years. This is my affirmation that I myself can transcend.

No comments: