Saturday, July 30, 2016

Self Transcendence 42/52

It is a Saturday. I transcended myself by sleeping in instead of doing miles. I was rewarded with dreams. I was also rewarded with extra spiritual reflection time since I wasn't doing miles.

July 29, 2007 was the first time I began reading the text of A Course in Miracles. I started it for the 10th time this year on July 27. This morning, I read a couple of paragraphs in chapter 1. I was able to ponder their meaning in light of today's fears and egoism. It is possible I could heal my heart. I believe that in gaining inner reality of love, the world itself will have more love. But some of my perceptions still need healing.

As for the runners in the 3,100 Mile Self Transcendence Race some are doing great with real miles and others are struggling. I have pondered how that must feel. Especially if it is your third time at the race but the first 2 times were easy and you did finish 3,100 miles by the dead line. It forces you to reconsider the meaning of life.

I consider the meaning of life all the time. I can sit in my cushy job and make money for retirement; but I don't like all the people. I look at my ego's heartlessness and ponder. I look to something higher to heal my heart. Here is something from ACIM text 1.IV. 1 and 1.V.3: "...When you have become willing to hide nothing, you will not only be willing to enter into communion but also understand peace and joy...unless you fully recognize your complete dependence on God, you cannot know the real power of the Son in his true relationship with the Father."

Today, my workout will be inside as I ponder these things. I feel humility and gratitude for these thoughts.

No comments: