Saturday, June 6, 2015

Glimpses

It is hot in Texas. Usually, along the coast, we get some cloudiness which keeps the temperature down; but not now. The sky is an unrelenting blue.

I made it out of bed early and got to the trails at 6:30. Fast forward 1 1/2 hours.

I was jogging along in mantra mode, keeping my ego at bay. I was watching the stead drip of sweat off the front brim of my running hat. I was listening mostly to tractors and dump trucks. I saw a few white sea birds in the empty bayou. The shade of the forest was nice.

Mantra mode got me to where I needed to be mentally. I spent the first bit of time rationally going over the difference between ego and higher self. I kept up the mental changing of channels and looking at attachments and approval addictions. I went back to the mantra. The convent.... flick.... Pittsburgh ... flick .... running.... flick .... Texas.....

Then I got the glimpse. Finally, the tractors and dump trucks were a distraction from the ever present peace of the forest. The turmoil was just a drop in the ocean which goes unnoticed by the ocean. This was the glimpse of the ever present peace, the ever present benign happiness which exists.

Though it was hot, I wished I had more drink so I could run laps in the forest longer. I only got 2.5 hours.  Then I headed home for a quick turn around and went to a fellowship meeting. I got my groceries and my gas. I've made my peanut butter and lunch was a bowl of vegetables.

More jogging tomorrow. I'll bring more drink.

No comments: