Friday, July 19, 2013

Littleness vs. Magnitude

I was inspired by "magnitude" this morning. I knew that it was a quality that I have and I only need let it be.

From A Course in Miracles text chapter 15.III: "All your striving must be directed against littleness, for it does require vigilance to protect your magnitude in this world. To hold your magnitude in perfect awareness in a world of littleness is a task the little cannot undertake. Yet it is asked of you, in tribute to your magnitude and not your littleness. Nor is it asked of you alone. The power of God will support every effort you make...The Holy Spirit can hold your magnitude, clean of all littleness, clearly and in perfect safety in your mind, untouched by every little gift the world of littleness would offer you. But for this, you cannot side against Him in what He wills for you. Decide for God through Him. ..."

"A sleep deprived cameraman who was filming the race said 'Death Valley is the coldest place on earth', and I think he's right. The temperature may be hot, but emotionally it's a cold and inhospitable place. However, I rekindled my love of the desert, with its austere and harsh beauty. There are two sayings; 'God made the desert so men could find their souls' and 'going for a run clears my head, but running 100 miles distills my soul'. Running so far in the desert can a uniquely purifying experience." (from http://fellrnr.com/wiki/2013_Pacing_Badwater_135)

How can I purify my soul without running Badwater, or running the 3,100 Miles Self Transcendence race?

A Course in Miracles is really my only option for success. It has brought me mental and emotional success for almost 6 years. I can't run 100 miles. I don't live in an ashram and worship a guru. I live in Houston and work for a living.

Why did I think I needed to cleanse my soul? Magnitude does not need to be cleansed. It just needs to be accepted; and from that God which is so hard to discern.

No comments: