Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Chapter 15.VII

Today, twice, I found myself ignorant of pop culture in front of others. I am happy I am free of pop culture; but others think that's wrong of me.

Well, I don't eat meat or drink alcohol either.

Exercise. It is a piece that cannot be moved. Whether or not I can enter races is not relevant to the activity anymore. Just that it is done for it's own sake.

On July 29, it is my 6 year anniversary of being a Course student.

Chapter 15 is about the holy instant; but it talks also about special relationships and ego agenda and the one real relationship. The information about special relationships and how the ego is angry is nothing if not hard hitting. Actually, it is only now, almost 6 years and many readings of A Course in Miracles text that I begin to understand the anger. And that it happens every time my ego starts a relationship. Just watch. Every time.

A Course in Miracles discusses a practice of forgiveness, which means looking beyond (quite different than what denominational Christianity does). If I realize that my ego generates anger every time with every one, it is much easier to look beyond the dream. The ego is not one of the things that is real. It is part of a delusion/ illusion. It need not be relied on. It is easier to deny what it says if you realize it will generate the anger with every person every time.

So many would say to me, "Oh, I'm not angry." That just means they are unconscious of it and too distracted by this world to know how angry they are. But listen to them talk about how frustrating other people are; and you know I am right about the anger. We all have it until we realize it is a thing of the ego and can totally be devalued. Do the divestment of ego anger and find inner peace. That is the point of A Course in Miracles.

I can't explain the whole Course. All I can say is that careful study over a period of time will change how you feel about yourself, others and the world. What you value slowly changes. Truly I can see how fear could end.

Excerpts:
"For every relationship on which the ego embarks is special...The ego establishes relationships only to get something. ...It is impossible for the ego to enter into any relationship without anger...The ego wishes no one well...every relationship the ego makes is based on the idea that by sacrificing itself, it becomes bigger. The “sacrifice,” which it regards as purification, is actually the root of its bitter resentment. For it would prefer to attack directly, and avoid delaying what it really wants...For each one thinks that he has sacrificed something to the other, and hates him for it...Whenever you are angry, you can be sure that you have formed a special relationship which the ego has “blessed,” for anger is its blessing...All anger is nothing more than an attempt to make someone feel guilty, and this attempt is the only basis the ego accepts for special relationships. Guilt is the only need the ego has..."

No comments: