Sunday, June 2, 2013

Indomitable

I have to laugh. Friday, my evening walk was painful. I returned to the idea of not being able to do miles any more. Yesterday, I did well with a 6 mile walk. Then 2h20 of cross training went well. This morning, I still didn't know what I'd be like, so didn't get up very early. The day turned out cool for Texas, rainy and cloudy: perfect. Back to Brummerhop park. My foot felt good. I went longer and faster, up to 10 miles. Now I am doing the cross training. I surmise that I didn't hurt anything yesterday, and I can recover from my last marathon. It is not the end of the world.

My spirit is indomitable. I can't keep it down.

Jesus didn't fight evil. He spent far more effort fighting the establishment.

At the ripe old age of 22, I suddenly wanted to know God. Then there was God in religion, God in psychology, God in 12 Steps, God in New Age, God on a Harley, God in a monastery, God in fasting, God in raw food, God in solitude, God in ultra-running. I am left with a Course in Miracles: God in in my mind.

The indomitable spirit who does miles is also the spirit who wants to know God. This quest has never ended.

Because God just is. You don't need a quest. You do need to return your thinking to this God.

If I accept inner peace, offered by A Course in Miracles, there is nothing more for my ego: no drama, no sickness, no victory. God's magnificence, merely gets up in the morning and goes to work. No big deal.

No comments: