Monday, August 1, 2011

God is Love

ummmm........of course you've heard this before.

But what I'd really like to say is forget everything you've ever heard about God anywhere. Just reflect on the idea of love. Love is all there is to God; nothing more. Love does not need to be prayed to and shouldn't be asked for anything since all has already been given. Let the idea of love be abstract, not attached to a person or event in this world. You'll have more success with it that way.

Here is my Spiritual Creed as it has evolved over the past couple of months:

If I am afraid, I am deceived.
I am spirit, grace means most to me.
Fear is lack of love. Atonement heals.
Expanding love is my reality.

In the holy instant, thou I see.
Thou art miracles come forth as love.
I am not alone. My love is here.
My love is the undoing of the dream.
The voice of love comes from deep within me.
I hear love speak quietly in my mind.

Giving and receiving are the same.
Full appreciation is my gift.
The innocent see perfection truly.
Love vision is where they put all their faith.
My mind holds only light and it shines out.
I see love's majesty in all others.

God is not symbolic. He is love.
Love's peace is always firm. On it I stand.
Into love's hands I commend my spirit.
And so my mind awakens from the dream.
Truth is my commitment. Joy I am.
Love is my intention. Silence seen.

Love based thinking is my one desire.
Inner peace is what I really want.

No comments: