Saturday, July 23, 2011

Re-wiring the Brain

It seems so incredibly easy, I don't know why I didn't think of it earlier (or read it in someone's book). I did this on a body worn out from running 5 hours on hills in the current 90+F heat. I think exhaustion is what made my body so comfortable on the operating table (haha, my bed).

First, I took a nap. Waking up from the nap, I didn't feel my body as I moved not a muscle, just started meditating. I was meditating as per usual saying, "my soul....my soul." Then I thought, "Want to rewire your brain? Just use your mouse." And so I imagined using a mouse to pick up one end of a synapse and drop it somewhere else." It was cool.

I have beliefs which I know are not true; yet they still affect me emotionally. Being a mindful person, I see when these wrong beliefs are active, but I can't help myself feeling their emotions of fear and self denigration. So, I can now re-connect the synapse on-the-spot (don't need a special environment, just do it).

No comments: