Wednesday, May 9, 2012

T Minus 3 - 3 Days at the Fair Prelude



It is Wednesday morning and I am at work in my Texas chemical park. On Friday morning at this time, I'll be at Houston Hobby getting ready to board my Southwest Airlines flight for New Jersey. Saturday morning, I'll begin my 24 hour trek.

It will be a journey of mind and emotion and pain. I can't leave the pain out because I know that feet do hurt after you've been on them more than 50 miles. I don't know how far I'll go. I don't have a goal other than to stay in the game as long as possible. I've been resting my legs this week; but there could still be problems that can't be ignored and I have to quit early.

I have a positive feeling about the race. But I also find myself strangely silent. It is as if I anticipate changes as a result of the journey. I hope for changes in the depth of my being; that is, I am able to know myself at a deeper level.

No comments: