Saturday, May 5, 2012

Silence is the Message

Runners obsess about the weather at their next race.

Here is the weather for Augusta NJ next weekend.

Today, in Texas, I am in a quandary. I am back to wanting God without the documentation. I am back to wanting to listen and hear The Voice, without any propaganda from this world.

To do that, I have to understand silence and wordlessness.

My next race is a 24 hour race. It consists of a 0.8x mile course. No tricks. Just go around as much as you care to in 24 hours. I don't think I'll have any swag since I won't make it to 100 miles. It will be just me and my thoughts. It won't be pretty.

I did a bit of running today, on top of a 2h40min cross training session Friday night. I have some aches and pains that need a break from running. So I will attempt to rest this week. the graph with the numbers will have to grow more slowly this month. I only have 38 miles this week. Ha! Not much of a rest after the last race.

Silence. Oh Jesus. You have spoken in my heart with your love.

No comments: