Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Marathon - the urge to go deeper

I want to see beyond the surface of things. I don't want today to be just a distraction from my soul/Self. I want it to be a partnership of consciousness.

I have run many marathons. What does it mean? Why? Besides a shiny medal and bragging rights, what is it? The meaning of life is contained in the marathon. Today is a day for listening, looking beyond the surface illusion, actively claiming the intuitive as I run.

4 to 5 hours of concentration inward. Each step wears down the pomposity and big talk and unrealistic day dreams. Each minute I come closer to the truth, deeper and deeper, buffeted by wind and sun, pounding it out on paved roads. Delusion and personal myth is debunked.

All I ever wanted out of life was to know: wtf is it?

Soon, as I race down the home stretch, tearing up as the crowds roar, I will feel that inner magnificence.

No comments: