Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thursday in Charleston - Spiritual Workout

It helps me to remember my litany:

Father in Jesus' name remind me of
Your love for me and of my love for You.

If I am afraid I am deceived.
I am spirit. Know this need not be.
Fear is lack of love. Atonement heals.
Expanding love is my reality.
I am not alone. Jesus is here.
Jesus is the undoing of the dream.
The Holy Spirit is the choice for God.
I hear Him speak quietly in my mind.

In the holy instant I forgive.
Miracles come forth as love expressed.
Giving and receiving are the same.
Full appreciation is my gift.
The innocent see perfection truly.
Christ vision is their one and only sight.
My mind holds only light and shines is out.
I see God's majesty in all others.

God is not symbolic. He is fact.
His peace cannot be shaken. I am free.
Into His hands I commend my spirit.
And so my mind awakens to His peace.

Truth is my commitment. I am joy.
Love is my intention so I bless.
Love based thinking is my one desire.
Inner peace is what I really want.

Much of this is not understood unless someone has studied A Course in Miracles. But anyone can understand the relief and happiness available to the person who has relinquished all to God and wants only love based thoughts. Truly we have escaped from the ego world if we change our thoughts to the Holy Spirit's thought system.

The mind can be used to think beyond the body. If the mind stops at the body, it is blocked. Removing the blocks is what spiritual practices are for.

From 8.VII: "To communicate is to join and to attack is to separate. How can you do both simultaneously with the same thing and not suffer? Perception of the body can be unified only by one purpose. This releases the mind from the temptation to see the body in many lights, and gives it over entirely to the One Light in Which it can be really understood...Learning must lead beyond the body to the re-establishment of the power of the mind in it."

I did my spiritual workout this morning. I have been taking a break from running and serious training. I've decided it is good to have a mid-winter break for physical rejuvenation.

No comments: