Sunday, January 2, 2011

Blank New Year

Should I blog if I have nothing really momentous to say?

I woke up this morning thinking, “I do wish I had endless days to be silent and run; having no future and no commitments and no work.” What would I be like? But, I have to work for now. I’ve been silent for 4 days, with tomorrow as my last holiday. I’ve ran 78 miles plus a few other hours on ex-machines and doing strength exercises.

This morning, running, I thought that my fears were more subtle. But I do still live my life in fear. I started my run in the pre-dawn, under a clear sky with 16F temps. Not too long later, a couple of other regulars showed up. I said hi or nodded my head. During the morning, a car fell into the ditch by the railroad track. That provided some entertainment. I ran 10 laps around the park, for 27 miles at an extremely slow pace of 5h23min.

I asked this evening for an intuitive thought. I then thought, “I need to see things differently.” My run this morning was such nonsense because I am not seeing it right.

I formulated my litany, or ACIM Creed as it were (see below), several weeks ago. I use the phrases to remind me of The Course. I love to remember a couple of times a day, "I am not alone. Jesus is here." Or, "Love is my intention as of now." Or, "Into His Hands, I commend my spirit." I need such things when my ego is unhappy with my lack of fame, fortune or posterity.

I’ve been frustrated because it is new years and I have no big plans for 2011. So I talked to Jesus about going deeper into A Course in Miracles. The past 3 days, I’ve been reading one section of text over and over (7.IV and V). I’m absorbing the ideas about healing as well as more deeply turning my life over to the Holy Spirit. Did I tell you I love A Course in Miracles? Its because it has the answers I need.

I don’t read commentaries to find out what the text means. I’m interested in listening for what Jesus is saying to me. And, so I keep reading slowly and pondering. Here is a sample of some of it:

7.IV and V:
“When you heal, you are remembering the laws of God and forgetting the laws of the ego…. By healing you learn of wholeness, and by learning of wholeness you learn to remember God… Healing, then, is a way of approaching knowledge by thinking in accordance with the laws of God, and recognizing their universality. Without this recognition, you have made the laws meaningless to you. Yet the laws are not meaningless, since all meaning is contained by them and in them… Healing is a way of forgetting the sense of danger the ego has induced in you, by not recognizing its existence in your brother… Healing is the Holy Spirit’s form of communication in this world, and the only one He accepts. He recognizes no other, because He does not accept the ego’s confusion of mind and body… When you heal, that is exactly what you are learning. You are recognizing the changeless mind in your brother by realizing that he could not have changed his mind. That is how you perceive the Holy Spirit in him…”

7.V: “11 Come therefore unto me, and learn of the truth in you. The mind we share is shared by all our brothers, and as we see them truly they will be healed. Let your mind shine with mine upon their minds, and by our gratitude to them make them aware of the light in them. This light will shine back upon you and on the whole Sonship, because this is your proper gift to God. He will accept it and give it to the Sonship, because it is acceptable to Him and therefore to His Sons. This is true communion with the Holy Spirit, Who sees the altar of God in everyone, and by bringing it to your appreciation, He calls upon you to love God and His creation. You can appreciate the Sonship only as one. This is part of the law of creation, and therefore governs all thought.”

Litany (ACIM Creed):

Father in Jesus name remind me of,
Your love for me and of my love for you.

If I am afraid I am deceived.
I am spirit. Know this can’t hurt me.
Fear is lack of love Atonement heals.
Expanding Love is my reality.

Giving and receiving are the same.
True appreciation is my gift.
The innocent see perfection truly.
Christ Vision is their one and only sight.

I am not alone, Jesus is here.
Jesus is the undoing of the dream.
The Holy Spirit is my choice for God.
I hear Him speak quietly in my mind.

God is not symbolic. He is fact.
His peace cannot be shaken. I am free.
Into Your Hands I commend my spirit.
And so my mind awakens to Your peace.

Truth is my commitment. I am Joy.
Love is my intention as of now.
Love based thinking is my one desire.
Inner peace is what I really want. (Amen)

No comments: