Sunday, January 30, 2011

Freezing Rain Fear

From the ACIM Text, 8.IX: "Wrong perception is the wish that things be as they are not...All forms of sickness, even unto death, are physical expressions of the fear of awakening...The decision to wake is the reflection of the will to love, since all healing involves replacing fear with love."

I put the title on this blog, because a winter storm is on the way. Driving in bad weather is really stupid. Yet employers expect their show to go on, so off to work I'll go.

My long run yesterday (28 miles) on bumpy rock hard ice tired me out. Today, I got the core and free weights done first, then 2 hours on the ex-machines, then another 2 hour run on hills.

Running 6 hours is definitely hard on the legs, but some days harder than others. However, I learned that nothing replaces the pain of ultra-running. I'll still have to develope a brain which doesn't try to evaluate the pain. I also learned that even when I think I can't, I can if I just take one more step. The problem is, when is the next step too far?

No comments: