Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thunder Thursday

This morning, I got up when my alarm went off, 3:35 am. Yesterday, I fell back in sleepiness. Today, I was eager to get up: despite the same situation with thunder storms outside. I felt good. After arising, I studied A Course in Miracles (ACIM) for about 45 minutes and then began a workout on the ex-bike and treadmill. I had nothing to write in my journal because my head was quiet. In and of itself, a quiet mind is evidence of my growing inner peace. One thing I like about the treadmill is I can ponder a bit of the ACIM text. This morning, I pulled this off my pile of index cards:

“The changelessness of Heaven is in you, so deep within that nothing in this world but passes by, unnoticed and unseen. The still infinity of endless peace surrounds you gently in its soft embrace, so strong and quiet, tranquil in the might of its Creator, nothing can intrude upon the sacred Son of God within.” (29.V)

It is beautiful sayings like this and the hope shining through them which keep me coming back to ACIM.

I do intervals back and forth between the ex-bike and walking. I am walking on the treadmill to make sure I don’t aggravate my ankle. I felt energized after 80 minutes and went ahead with some core exercises and free weights. I begin to feel hopeful that my current achilles issues are wearing off and I’ll be ready for my next marathon. To run the race, I need only rest. No additional training is needed. So my main task is to fill my daily exercise needs with non-aggressive easy stuff. I did that today.

As I was doing my workout today, my imagination again flashed upon the vision of endurance workout entirely within my apartment; hours and hours of treadmill/bike/Nordic Track….and then core/free weights rep after rep….That seems ok to me.

Then a quick shower, make the green smoothie for lunch and off to work.

No comments: