Thursday, May 6, 2010

Being a Spirit

Ok so, I am a student of A Course in Miracles. I have been a spiritual seeker for decades. My life has focused on spiritual growth more than anything. I actually want to remember I am spirit in this lifetime. Some people say, "I am a spirit having a human experience." ACIM says, "You are spirit and whatever else is a delusion and does not exist." The good news of ACIM is that you have instructions and help for remembering you are a spirit.
.
My lesson from the ACIM Workbook (#98) included this line: If you are spirit, then the body must be meaningless to your reality.
.
So the marathon I ran in mid-April seems to have upset the balance I was maintaining between aches versus injuries. Or at least my apple cart is very near to toppling. I have to run a 5k on Saturday. It is a corporate team event, so I can't just not show up and let the team down. So I am working out more on machines and doing less running. Today and tomorrow, I'll not run and be ready to race. After that, I will try to continue the path of low stress as I am going to Canada for a marathon at the end of May.
.
No problem, including running injuries, is originally a physical thing. I can blame running injury on over extending myself, but then I have to ask myself why? It was not because I should have been barefoot instead of wearing shoes; nor that I should have landed more on my mid-sole, nor that I spilled some chi.
.
Running injury starts from a deeper level. Problems are things I project. Spiritual growth is learning to project something else because I am spirit and nothing else is real. Problems are used as messages from my deepest Lover and as calls from my utmost Truth. I ponder what the situation is doing on all levels: physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. I allow both distress and pleasure to shape my behavior and outlook on life. I allow the situation to provide whatever peace it has to teach me.
.
Peace is the root of all good. No matter what things my ego is achieveing or griping about or afraid of, when I seek the inner peace, I have found spirit. My reality is spirit. This world we think we see is an illusion. We are not humans but illusions according to what we ourselves project. So, I am learning to make another choice. Life is about being spirit. What ever happens teaches me that I am spirit. Hence you will see me rail against my own ego urges. Whenever I feel hurt or burned or guilty or kicking myself for being stupid, it was the ego seeking to promote itself above spirit. It was the ego which became unhappy because it lost.
.


The ego always loses its battle against spirit. Not because the spirit beats it, but because the spirit does not fight at all and the ego hurts itself. This always happens in the material world delusion. Whereas, in the spiritual realm, I was always at peace in God.



So, when I am forced to cut back on the running and racing because of some injury, I need to remember to return to inner peace.

No comments: