Sunday, May 2, 2010

Light

Yesterday, I ran 18.9 miles plus 30 minutes on the elliptical. Today, I worked out for 2.5 hours on machines (treadmill, elliptical and bike) then ran 8.1 miles and lifted free weights, plus situps and crunches. Endurance is my passion. I'll admit to a new pain which I can guess comes from too much cross training which I am not used to and a 3 week old pain lingering from my last marathon. I need to be careful as my next marathon, in Canada, is in 4 weeks.

Its my blog, here is an opinion: To drink, even one mind altering sip, is spiritual suicide. Of course, many do not know of their spiritual life, let alone what they are doing to ensure they are dead. One reason I quit going to meetings is the idea of spiritual life. Even the people in AA, supposedly practicing a spiritual program, are unaware of the life of The Spirit in them. They still view recreational or normal drinking as a thing to want to do; not as spiritual suicide.

Last night, I heard a tiny voice within me say, “I feel good.” I think that is the Voice I’ve always wanted to hear; finally, I accorded it my faith. So quiet, so subtle. It takes its time. The ego gets nothing when I give that Voice number one ranking and value.

I have an inner meeting place, where I go to gaze into the light. Nothing more is required or better in this life.

Can you sit in peace and allow the light to be? Can you just look, letting go of all else?

Who is the religious? Who is the alcoholic? Who is the runner? Who is the solitary? Who is the engineer? No one really. Only the light, the subtle, the quiet, is real.

Were you looking for a miracle? The light is it. An altar, a tabernacle, a Tao. The light is it.

Who did you think God was? Or what? Or why? Have you really investigated “Why a God instead of nothing?”

Its difficult to understand, this light. The deepest quiet ever. Always present. Never a noise.

To just be silent, gazing into the light, is an occupation. To do it, to actually do it, is the most amazing thing.

Oh inner eyes. Oh inner universe. Unbearable love and light. From whence I am.

Light is the transcended consciousness I sought for decades. To have looked into this fire is to have become a renunciate. Jesus said, “Take up your cross and follow me,” as well as, “…lose your life to save it…” So I have. I have renounced the social and ego world, including its idea of Christianity. Now I find its hard to maintain the uninvolved position. But I am not done following Jesus. He leads into the world of light. I have more renunciation to do. More learning from A Course in Miracles to do. The light is the Son of God, with whom we are one and don't know it. The light is the miracle.

1 comment:

World Of James said...

Hey Spirit Runner. I love your blog - a great inside into your mind rather than just a record of fitness goals. Keep it up