Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Face of Christ Beyond the Veil

ACIM 19.IV.D:

“This is the secret bargain made with the ego to keep what lies beyond the veil (the face of Christ) forever blotted out and unremembered. Here is your promise never to allow union to call you out of separation; the great amnesia in which the memory of God seems quite forgotten; the cleavage of your Self from you —the fear of God, the final step in your dissociation.

For in your secret alliance with them you have agreed never to let the fear of God be lifted, so you could look upon the face of Christ and join Him in His Father.

The desire to get rid of peace and drive the Holy Spirit from you fades in the presence of the quiet recognition that you love Him. …From beyond each of the obstacles to love, Love Itself has called. And each has been surmounted by the power of the attraction of what lies beyond. Your wanting fear seemed to be holding them in place. Yet when you heard the Voice of Love beyond them, you answered and they disappeared.

For what attracts you from beyond the veil is also deep within you, unseparated from it and completely one.”

SF’s Reflection: Since beginning the study of A Course in Miracles (ACIM) I have tried to search inside for my fear of God. I understand it intellectually, but I don’t think I have really touched the place inside where it lives and rules me. I can look at my “wanting fear.” Honestly, I can admit to myself that I have this. I accept that the face of Christ is not just beyond some veil I can’t seem to overcome, but inside me. The face of Christ is within.

The face of Christ within is my human dignity. I live a sober live in order to honor this truth. The face of Christ is beyond the veil I see when I look upon others with anger or fear. It is up to me to decide and practice the realization that the face of Christ is in everyone and everything. Everything I do in my sober life is intended to promote the face of Christ. In sobriety is my dignity, and all human dignity. In my sobriety, my honor code, I am actually worshiping my Creator. I am giving honor to all He made, including myself. I am giving up fear and anger and judgment in favor of remembering God, accepting Love. Love calls to be from beyond the veil, that is, inside you. Love calls to me from inside my own heart.

I would rather listen to this than the ego yammering about that person who just cut me off in traffic.

Yesterday at work, I had an “out of the blue idea;” a new way of doing things. Where do these come from?

I am resting from running and work outs; resting to the marathon on Saturday. Hence, I have spent more time in prayer this morning. I am about to make my green smoothie and head up to the church for meditation and Mass.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Rest sounds wonderful. Hope your marathon goes well!