Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Choosing

The rubber meets the road. Put up or shut up. Shi* or get off the pot. When push comes to shove. When Course meets world. What do we do? These times of seeming turmoil over a decision are intensive times of spiritual practice. For an ACIM Course student, they are times of: choosing the Holy Spirit instead of the ego; accepting the Atonement; forgiving; choosing happiness over guilt; choosing love over fear; etc.

From the Text: "Each day, each hour and minute, even each second, you are deciding between the crucifixion and the resurrection; between the ego and the Holy Spirit. The ego is the choice for guilt; the Holy Spirit is the choice for guiltlessness. The power of decision is all that is yours...there are no alternatives except truth and illusion."

So, what should I do? This or that? Or maybe this other? Which one would I choose because I would feel more guilty if I didn't? Which one would I choose because I am more afraid of those people's feelings than these?

Jesus and the Holy Spirit are giving me a work out on this one. I explore my guilt and fear, and give it to Jesus. What I do cannot be based on the form of illusion but the content of the Holy Spirit's teaching. "Shining quietly within is the Atonement." "My errors never occurred."

I am at work. I am drinking distilled water. I worked out this morning and will do another work out this afternoon. I practice The Course. "May I bring peace..." I choose truth: "God is everywhere and His Son is in Him with everything." My ego's dream always offers disappointment. I don't delude myself on this. What ever the ego world offers me, I have to return to The Course and use it to heal my mind, offering a different way of seeing to others, teaching only peace.

I do not choose to "do" this or that. I choose to sit quietly with Love and project peace. This or that will happen. My body may be in one place or another. Christ is my vision and my consicousness.

I am a spiritual athlete. I am always training and working out.

No comments: