Saturday, June 25, 2016

Self Transcendence 6/52

It is hard to write your blog several hours after you had the inspiring thoughts. But I needed to get outside before it got too hot or no miles would have been done.

As I began my morning meditation today, I thought of how I like to take a little extra time on the weekends to snooze a little longer and do spiritual reading a little longer. Then I thought of the 3,100 mile runners. They do not get to do any slacking until they are done with the race (52 day cut off). The volunteers don't get to rest either.

Self Transcendence waits for no one.

I had a fruitful week being of service to others. Lets no digress. Spirituality does not wait. Do the work today. I never mention spirituality to anyone at work. They hear about running because they ask; and it seems a safe subject to mention. I don't mention the spirituality of running. But they always say something like, "You are so disciplined." I claim not, since I like my exercise. But as I watch the 3,100 mile self transcendence runners, I realize, yes, they are disciplined.

No comments: