Sunday, June 19, 2016

Self Transcendence - 1/52

Today is the first day of the 3,100 mile Self Transcendence race. Here

I have been following this race for many years. I love the idea and I love the daily blog about the athletes. This year, I began looking at the web pages several days ago with anticipation of who was coming and various other bits of information. I mean, I'm excited about it. I can't wait for the daily reports by Uptal at "Perfection Journey" blog. Here

This morning, I remembered the race while I was doing my morning spiritual reading. I made a decision. I am going to celebrate 52 days of the race with my own focused situation. Each day when I journal, I will find a point of self transcendence within myself, my inner runner. I might not have time for blogging every day, but I will journal.

Today I asked myself, "What self is it that I am trying to transcend?" Immediately came the answer: the punishing self. My inner punishing self came about first from my parents but then from society; a continuous dis-sing of females in general, smart females in particular. And the hierarchies of society and corporations which make some people "better" than others.

In transcending the punishing self, I get to be the wonderful divine self that I was born as. We are all wonderful divine selves, but few of us really know it. I am going to make progress in consciously being my wonderful diving self as a focused project for 52 days.

Some people do Ramadan. Some people do Lent. I do Self Transcendence.

I should get plenty of practice this week. The Germans will be in town. I work for a German company and us Americans know full well that The Germans think they are better. Since I am making 4 presentations for an international group, I'll get plenty of exposure and emotional feelings about myself.

Today I was able to do 4 hours of jog walk in the Gulf Coast heat and humidity. I'm pretty happy about that.

No comments: