Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Small Beginnings

New Years Day - I slept late, til 8 am. Not because I stayed up late but because I was tired.

I spent my New Years evening watching U-Tube videos of people doing Turkish Getups with Kettlebells. This is my new fitness fanaticism. I can barely do a Turkish Getup with no kettlebell let alone 5 lbs. But I am going to work on it every day up until March 22 when I fly off to a race in Missouri.

Today I had a two part workout which left me feeling fabulous. First a high intensity cross training session for 75 min. Then 2 hours doing laps around Brummerhop Park. While in Brummerhop park, I mentally ripped the 2012 page out of my world. Now, today is just today. Start over. Keep going.

Here are small beginnings:


In 12 months, I hope it looks similar to this:


I've been in Texas a year. It was a year of transition. It is possible that it was the best year of my life.


No comments: